Westward Expansion Primary Sources by Carole Marsh. Coyright Carole Marsh/Gallopade International.
Standard-Based Learning & Fun
20 Primary Sources! We dug through the archives so you don't have to!
Academics' Choice(TM) Award Winner: Smart Book
Teach it Today! Core Resource
Primary Sources includes: Historical Documents, Maps, Photographs and Political Cartoons
Perfect for Gallery Walks & Literature Circles!
The 20 documents in the Westward Expansion Primary Sources Pack are:
1. Map created by William Clark, Lewis & Clark Expedition - October 14-22, 1804
2. Illustration of Robert Fulton's steamboat, the Clermont - 1807
3. Illustration of treaty with the Creeks at Fort Jackson - 1814
4. Map of Indian Territory jurisdiction in the United States - 1836
5. Replica of the Texas Declaration of Independence - 1836
6. Newspaper article announcing the discovery of gold for the first time - March 15, 1848
7. Lithograph of "California Gold Diggers" - 1850
8. Oil painting entitled "Daniel Boone Escorting Settlers through the Cumberland Gap" - 1851
9. Drawing of a man panning for gold on the Mokelumne River - 1860
10. Painting entitled "Westward the Course of Empire Takes Its Way" - 1861
11. Painting entitled "Oregon Trail (Campfire)" - 1863
12. Certificate of the first homestead according to the Homestead Act - given to Daniel Freeman in Beatrice, Nebraska - 1868
13. Sheet music and lyrics for "I Will Go West!" - 1875
14. Photograph of General George Custer, Indian leader Bloody Knife, and Custer's dogs - 1876
15. Photograph of Sioux Indian leader Touch the Clouds - 1877
16. Political cartoon from Harper's Weekly featuring General Philip Sheridan and Secretary of the Interior Carl Schurz - December 21, 1878
17. Photograph of Indian leader Sitting Bull - 1885
18. Photograph of the Buffalo Soldiers of the 25th Infantry Regiment - 1890
19. Photograph of emigrants traveling through Nebraska - 1891/1892
20. Painting of U.S. Cavalry pursuing American Indians - circa 1865
Build Higher-Order Thinking Skills:
- Critical Thinking
- Point of View
- Compare & Contrast
- Order of Events
- & Much More!
Free 15-page online teachers guide! www.gallopade.com/pstg
All books shipped USPS media rate unless ordered with other items.